Floral Affairs want you to get the most smiles & enjoyment out of your fresh flowers!
Here are some Floral Affairs tips on keeping your flowers looking as fresh as possible for the longest time.
For bouquets, bunches & cut flowers:
- Cut the stems about 2 cms on a sharp angle. This increases the volume ratio so your flowers can drink more water.
- Add the complimentary preservative sachet into a clean vase filled with freshwater and allow a moment for the crystals to dissolve.
- Strip away any leaves that would be below the waterline of your vase.
- Place flowers in a vase
- Top up daily with fresh water
- Keep away from draughts, direct sunlight and heat.
- Repeat this process every two days so that your flowers can keep drinking water.
- As your flowers get shorter over time, place them into a shorter vase or container. \
For flowers that are arranged in a box, pot or basket with floral foam:
- Check the level of water in the foam regularly.
- Top up the container with fresh water daily.
- If your flowers are beginning to droop, take them out of the foam, cut the stems substantially at the point where the stems are still green.
- Place them back into the foam, or get creative and re-arrange the whole arrangement or feel free to place your freshly cut stems into a vase for longer life.